Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ty Gets a Bath

Ty can trot


After a hard workout

This doesn't make you clean


Handsome & Clean


Ty has been doing extremely well lunging and working in side reins and lunging the last few days. Ty was quite spunky today, he hadn't been worked or handled in two days due to my schedule. Today was the first day I put SMBs on him so when I tacked him up and let him run around a bit he went hopping and bucking around the arena. I've never seen him buck before so it was quite hysterical. Fortunately, after getting his kicks out, he worked well on the lunge line and is beginning to understand voice commands of walk, trot and canter.

After lunging I decided to get onto him again. My husband was there to help so I had my husband lead Ty around while I was on him. Again another eventful day under saddle. My trainer is coming up for a lesson next weekend and we'll start long lining him so hopefully soon I'll actually be able to ride him.
Since having an extra hand today I also decided it was time to get Ty cleaned up. He hasn't had a bath in who knows how long. He again took everything in stride. He wasn't thrilled but tolerated the scrubbing. I didn't bother doing his face today since I wanted his first experience to be as pleasant as possible. He's now shiny and clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment