Wednesday, May 6, 2009

He's a Keeper

Ty was very good tonight. He walked up to meet me at the gate and let me halter him without any issue. Once inside he did a few laps around the indoor, I think he does this just for giggles, then he came up and let me groom him and pick his feet out without being held or tied.

The ultimate test was going to the right on the lunge line. I put him on the lunge without side reins and he did very well, he was even stretching down without the side reins on. I put him in side reins for a few laps, no fighting and no resistance. I let him go with that.

Even with the pouring rain and the fuss of all the horses he was very mellow and well behaved tonight, I guess he was trying to make up for last night, but he smoothed me over enough tonight that I've decided to let him stay another week ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment