Thursday, April 23, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to our blog. Since bringing home Ty I've decided to document his progress here as well as other interesting events that occur in my life with my horses. Bringing home a very green 4 year old who was recently gelded should make for some interesting events and I thought I'd share my experiences here.

Ty is a very sweet guy who just doesn't have a clue on what he's supposed to do with himself other than to charm those who share treats with him. He was gelded two weeks ago and has been home with me for a week. He's had his first trailer ride and has begun to learn how to lead. He has also learned to come when he's called, which is something I've yet to teach Roze. Today we put the bridle on him and after a little chewing he seemed to accept the bit very well.

Ty's had a big two weeks and its just the beginning. Plans are to put the bridle on him again tomorrow and get him to join up again. Next week we'll start lunging him and we're hoping to have him saddled in about a month. It should be quite an adventure...


Ty's first day home

No comments:

Post a Comment