Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Back on Track

Roze has now been working lightly under saddle for a little over a month. I've slowly been pushing for a little more and a little more. Our time to work on the trot is brief, per vet's instructions, so I've been trying to behave and not push too much. I usually warm up at the walk with some lateral work. Then I move into the trot for just two or three laps around the arena each direction. The last two rides I have truly got some amazing, albeit brief, trot work from Roze. She rises through her back and drives with her hind end! It's been at least two years since I've felt her this good. I am so excited for what her future may now hold and anxious to get back to the vet for the official all clear. Roze certainly has the heart of a champion and has proven herself to me even if she never sets foot in the show ring again.

No comments:

Post a Comment